We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Poached fish
Fresh tuna steaks are poached in an aromatic, freshly flavoured stock. Serve with couscous.
15 people made this
- 350ml (12 fl oz) water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed chillies
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 250g (9 oz) tuna steaks
- 3 kumquats - rinsed, pips removed and sliced
- handful chopped fresh coriander
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix water, lemon juice, and chillies. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Place tuna steaks into the mixture, and sprinkle with kumquats and coriander. Cook 15 minutes, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (13)
This was the first time I had made tuna steaks - quite tasty! I couldn't find kumquats so I used a small orange, sliced with the peel, to top the steaks while they were cooking. With the fresh cilantro, it smelled wonderful while it was cooking.-31 Jul 2003
We're not fish lovers so I'm always looking for recipes that we enjoy. This one will be toward the top of the list. The tuna was moist and flavorful. We like cilantro so that wasn't an issue at all. I also substituted using orange. We had leftovers and felt that it was even better the next day as it took on all the flavors and stayed moist. Thanks for sharing this recipe-21 Jan 2008